RocK the Shot

Rock the Shot

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Soccer Banner: Polar Bears, Ninja, & Minnion

 Why would a soccer team be the Polar Bears? I always like making the banners until I heard the name was Polar Bears.... But I found a cute template online and decided to make the polar bear look like a Littlest Pet Shop figurine.  Made it in paper first and then put it on to the felt. Turned out super cute . Another Mom made the backdrop and added the silver names.
Here is a step by step look on how to make a soccer ball. Those can be very tricky.



So I coached for the first time this season. It was my daughters U11 team. The first game was a horrible transition because for the first time I just couldn't watch my daughter. I had to care about the whole team. After I got over that initial feeling coaching turned out to be fun. 

Since I coached my daughters team and helped out with the banner I was feeling like I left my son out. So when someone asked if anyone could make a Blue Ninja banner,  I kinda volunteered and said I may have a Black Ninja soccer banner in my garage from another season. Well I must have gotten rid of the banner... I was kind of distant with his coach because his team practiced at the same time as mine at the other side of the field. I never talked about the banner again.. Well the morning of pictures we got a group email saying I hope whoever is making the banner brings it. I freaked out! I had 45 minutes before pictures and I started making a banner.
I cut a black sheet only made half a soccer ball because I didn't have enough time. I brought it to the picture day nicely folded and for some strange reason I didn't run it to the coach.
I showed my son the banner because he was meeting me at picture day. He was not impressed. He said mom why is there only half a soccer ball and where is the ninja? He didn't seem to understand that I knocked myself out trying to make this with everything I had on hand. 
And then that is when I realized that the team had a banner made to order with an awesome ninja. That my crazy mom moment, feeling like you could just cry. I laughed with my friend and then cried and realized then that banners don't really matter that much anyways. And my son got the Ninja he had dreamed of. Why he has been on 3 Ninja soccer teams, I have no idea.


* Just a cute minion banner on the sideline.


No comments:

Post a Comment