RocK the Shot

Rock the Shot

Monday, September 23, 2013

Family Bonding times at Home Depot & Lowes workshops

I started taking my kids to the free workshops at Home Depot and Lowes. I had read about them for years but never wanted to try it. It seemed to chaotic to me dealing with nails and kids and hammers.
But I was very impressed with the system. The kids get an apron and a sealed pack with directions for building. It takes a lot of effort. I like it because I can see the kids different personalities. One who likes to rush but then has to pull it apart because its wrong.... or one who is such a perfectionist that it takes extra long. When they are finished they get a pin/or badge (Lowes) to put on their apron. Is is such a feeling of accomplishment to both parent and child and it's free!!
Its amazing how many free events there are in a big city.
These event are held on the first Saturday of the month from 9-12. They are not strict on the age. You sign a waiver for your kids to participate.




No comments:

Post a Comment